We all like to update web browser because the update provide us some new features and more security. But what if you start getting “There is a problem connecting securely to this website” error message after updating your browser. There are many user who report that they are getting this error message whenever they visit some specific website in the updated browser. However, the problem mostly appear in Internet explorer and MS Edge browser but you can also encounter it in other browser too such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
What Causes There Is A Problem Connecting Securely To This Website Error?
Most of the user don’t know the reason behind this error. According to expert, when you access some specific website and the error occurs then the issue may be related to incorrect date and time of system. In some cases, There is a problem connecting securely to this website error appear and stop user’s from accessing certain website because of anti-virus software that prevent access of website on system. In that situation it will be safer to not access that particular website because it may also put your cyber security in danger.
There are many user who frequently get the error message and don’t know what to do. If you are also among those user’s and want to get rid of “There is a problem connecting securely to this website” error, use the given troubleshooting methods.
Method 1 : Add Website In Trusted Sites Zone
If the error appear while opening some legitimate site then you need to include that website in trusted sites zone. To add website, go through below steps :
- Open Start menu, type Internet Options and hit Enter
- Click Trusted Sites option under the Security Tab ,
- Then click on Sites option and enter URL of website
- Click Add and attempt to access website again
Method 2 : Disable Some Features Of Your Antivirus
As mentioned above, some third party website also block access to certain websites. Hence, to fix this issue, you can disable Real-time protection option. But if disabling the feature doesn’t work, then you need to uninstall security software. You can do it using given steps :
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+ Shift + Esc keys
- Find security software and right click on it
- Then chose End task and tap on Start
- In search box, Enter Apps & Features
- Find security software, click on Uninstall
- Finally Reboot your system
Method 3 : Set Date And Time Of Device Correctly
Incorrect data and time of system is also among common reason behind “There is a problem connecting securely to this website” error. So check your date and time, if not correct then fix it using following steps :
- Right click on Date and time from bottom screen
- Then you have to select Adjust date/time option
- In the Settings, disable Set time automatically
- Wait for few moments and turn the option back on
After trying above method you can get rid of “There is a problem connecting securely to this website” error. However, if you have tried all the above troubleshooting method but still the error is bothering you then its time to switch your browser.