An error occurs that “This app has been blocked for your protection” keeps showing up on my Windows 10 screen. This happens whenever attempts to install new apps, but none of the apps which try to install are dangerous. Windows 10 users are often facing and getting frustrated that the “This app has been blocked for your protection” error message causes. As this error shows up under various circumstances such as for example, when the computer owner attempts to run a setup.exe file, install legitimate software both from its official website and third-party download source or sometimes even when launching a random app or file that has been running on the system for a long time.
In manner to overcome this error issue that is UAC Error, This app has been blocked for your protection on Windows 10. Some manual guide is given below which can be used in order to overcome the error and disable the UAC error.
Manual Guide To Disable UAC Error This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection
Guide 1: Open Program From Command Prompt As Administrator
Though this is not a solution at all but a workaround so if need to open the program urgently, then we can try this 100% working workaround.
- Step 1: At first click on the start button or Start ORB and go to all programs -> Accessories.
- Step 2: Then right-click on Command Prompt shortcut and select “Run as Administrator” option.
- Step 3: After then type the program executable name in Command Prompt window such as gpedit.msc, taskschd.msc or any other EXE file.
- Step 4: Now press Enter key and the program will open successfully without any error message.
PS: Now get the program’s executable name or path using its shortcut’s properties.
Guide 2: Turn Off User Account Control Notifications
Since the error message was shown by the User Account Control feature, first try to disable UAC.
- Step 1: Open start menu and type UAC. Windows will show “Change User Account Control Settings” in search results and click on it.
- Step 2: Alternatively, open it by using the “Control Panel -> User Accounts -> change User Account Control Settings” option.
- Step 3: Now set the slider to “Never Notify” and click on the OK button.
- Step 4: Finally, now you can try to open the program and it will open now without giving any error message.
Guide 3: Disable Admin Approval Mode
- Step 1: At first open Secpol.msc by using Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Step 2: Then after navigate go to “Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options”.
- Step 3: Now, go in the right-side pane, and double-click on “User Account Control and run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode” option.
- Step 4: Now choose all disabled option and apply for changes in it.
- Step 5: Finally, restart your system and now the error message should disappear from the system screen.
All the above-mentioned guides have been used to help you in order to Disable UAC Error This app has been blocked for your protection on Windows 10. In, case, if you still receive to Disable UAC Error This app has been blocked for your protection on Windows 10 error issue message then, tries the next step. Thus, in case if you still face problems to fix to Disable UAC Error This app has been blocked for your protection on Windows 10 error issue then immediately refer to the Windows system service center in order to resolve and fix it.